We have a number of Pupil Voice groups within school and are constantly seeking the views of our children to contribute to school improvement.
Below are some of the groups who all actively lead school improvement:
- School Council: Meet monthly according to agreed timetable promoting in class and across the school various aspects of British Values such as individual liberty, mutual respect, tolerance and rule of law.
- Buddies: Year 5/6 children act as friends to all children, particularly younger children, encouraging fair play and good behaviour.
- Sports leaders: Year 5/6 children lead games for younger children in a fun and creative way each lunchtime.
- House Captains: Elected Year 6 House Captains lead weekly celebration House meetings and act as a role model to younger children.
- Mini-Vinnies: This elected group of enthusiastic and conscientious volunteers work hard in school to ‘turn concern into action’. They support the parish SVP group wherever possible. They meet throughout the year to co-ordinate events in school.
- Pupil Book Studies: Selected children (Year 1-6) meet with senior leaders and subject leaders to discuss their work and learning in lessons.