Meet our chaplaincy team, led by Mrs Dickinson, Mrs Young and Mrs Gardner.
The chaplaincy has a pastoral role within school supporting both staff and children. It is made up of members of teaching staff, non-teaching staff, governors, members of the parish and the parish priest of The Blessed Nicholas Postgate.The chaplaincy team is supported by a group of Mini Vinnies from throughout KS2.
- Supporting the school in its delivery of spirituality, worship and prayer with a particular emphasis on Christianity.
- Closer links developed between School, Home, Parish and Communities both local and national by the service of staff and pupils within St Benedict’s.
- Faith in Action PIN level certificates awarded for 20 hours service to the community.
- Mini Vinnies established and playing a key role in the Catholic Life of the School.
- Children recognise how they are ‘Called to Serve’ in a variety of ways throughout the year.
- Working in other areas of the school community as need and opportunity arises and as skills and expertise allow.
- Offering opportunities to explore personal and Christian belief and values.
Called to Serve
- The chaplaincy team co-ordinates the schools “Called to Serve” initiative – please see the page ‘Called to Serve’ for more information.
Our Prayer Garden/Prayer Space
We have a dedicated Prayer Garden and Prayer Space that are used by the whole school for collective worship and quiet reflection.